At the University of Leeds, we are passionate about Fairtrade and have been supporting and selling Fairtrade products since 2003.
In 2005 the University of Leeds obtained Fairtrade status and our continued support has helped Yorkshire to be named the first Fairtrade region in the country.
- In the last two years, we have increased the proportion of staff uniforms made from Fairtrade certified-cotton.
- We were one of the first University’s to champion Fairtrade by taking part in the NUS Fairtrade University pilot.
- We have a cross-institutional Fairtrade Committee with members of wide-reaching influence across campus.
- We report to the Fairtrade Foundation annually on sales of our Fairtrade items.
- The University of Leeds won the bid to host the next Fairtrade International Symposium.