Meal Plan Package
What is the Meal Plan package?
Meal Plan is daily credit loaded onto your account to be spent each day. It is for students in catered residences, Ellerslie, Lyddon & Charles Morris Halls and gives you two meals a day that can be purchased using the Refresh App or card at selected outlets on campus.
Here’s a quick guide to Meal Plan.
Meal Plan and Refresh all in one
To make it easier, Meal Plan and Refresh have been combined into the same account and log-in, accessed by the Refresh App or card.
They are basically two differnet purses with separate credit. If you’re somewhere other than The Refectory or Hugo, the Refresh purse will be selected automatically when you pay at the till.
But what’s the difference?
- Credit topped up daily (during term time)
- Spend in The Refectory and Hugo, the camionnette café
- 10% discount on selected products
- Add credit yourself
- Set auto top-up so you will always have credit
- Spend earned points from Meal Plan and Refresh
- Use at all Great Food at Leeds outlets
- Discount on food and drink
- Get 11th hot drink free
- Exclusive offers
Download the App today:
What times can it be used?
Use your Meal Plan at the following times:
Weekdays: 8:00am – 7pm Weekends: 10am – 2pm
- Term 1: Sat 16th & Sun 17th September 2017 – Friday 8th December 2017
- Term 2: Sat 6th January 2018 – Fri 16th March 2018
- Term 3: Mon 14th April – Friday 15th June 2018
How much money do I get?
Students starting in September 2017 will get:
- £11.50 Weekdays
- £6.30 Weekends
Each day during term time the credit is loaded onto the account to be spent that day. Any unspent balance will not be carried forward.
Joining us in September 2017?
- Where do I get my card?
There will be staff in the Accommodation foyers who will have your card there waiting for you when you pick up your keys.
- How do I get credit?
Your card will already be activated and ready for you to use. Just head to the Refectory or Hugo and pay using your daily Meal Plan credit.
- How do I view my account?
Log in with your University email address and change your password when prompted. If on a Mobile, scroll to the bottom of your screen to set your password. After entering your email you will then receive an email with a link to click on to set your password.
- Do I need to register?
You don’t need to register online to use your card but if you have any issues accessing your account, read this guide.
Meal Plan – FAQs
Can I spend more than the daily value on my card?
Yes! If you want to spend more money then you can top up your Refresh purse with additional credit or use cash at the till or. The easiest way to top up your Refresh purse is through Auto Top-Up – never be without credit again!
Where can the meal plan be used?
What happens if the Refectory is closed for an event?
Sometimes the Refectory is used for an event and this means it may be closed. All members will be sent an email informing them of this and with the option of collecting a takeaway meal for that day.
What if I can’t get to the Refectory before 7 pm?
If on certain days you won’t be able to get to the Refectory before 7 pm then you can inform the duty manager before 11 am that day and they will arrange for a packaged meal to be made up for your collection.
What if I lose my card?
If you lose your card then you can log onto your Refresh account online here to cancel your card immediately, this will ensure no one can use your card or spend any money. You then simply need to pick up a new card from the Refectory and add the new card to your account online. All Meal Plan Package students may have one replacement card free of charge and any further cards will incur a £10 charge. If you have any problems accessing your account online, read this handy guide. You can also download the app to avoid paying the replacement card fee. Remember, you must register using your university email address otherwise the meal plan credit will not be there:
Download the app today:
Please take care not to damage your card – by bending or puncturing it in any way. The card has a microchip embedded in it. You will be charged for a replacement card.
Any questions contact us here: email@example.com
Some small print
- Your card cannot be used to purchase alcohol or tobacco products.
- The University will not be responsible for any losses incurred on lost or stolen cards.
- Cards are not transferable and should only be used by the registered cardholder.
- The University retains the right to freeze cards not being used by the registered cardholder.
- If you leave the University you must return your card to a member of Catering staff.
- The University accepts no liability if unable to accept card payments due to technical problems.
- Misuse of the card will result in disciplinary action being taken.
For full terms and conditions click here.