University of Leeds Chefs Awarded Gold Standard
Our team of chefs at Great Food at Leeds are incredibly gifted and work on creating a number of menus across the campus; from the freshly made sandwiches created in our on-site kitchen to the locally sourced and seasonal hot meals in our Refectory.
Our award-winning team are also called on to provide menus for the large number of guests that visit the University for international events and conferences.
We’ve just heard that our chefs have been awarded the Gold Standard Catering Mark by the Soil Association for a menu that was put together for the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) conference.
The menu, which covered a Gala Dinner and a number of finger buffets, was rewarded for every percentage point of their ingredients spent on ethical and environmentally friendly food, locally sourced ingredients and steps to offer healthier menus.
On top of all that it’s a tasty looking menu too! Here’s a look at the Gala Dinner menu we created:
Approved Gala Menu for EAUC
- Swaledale Goats Cheese Panacotta with Organic Beetroot Salad – (Cheese from Swaledale, Cream from Scarcroft, Leeds, Organically Grown Beetroot)
- Organic Free Range Chicken with Locally Sourced Leeks and Tarragon Risotto Cakes – (Organic Chicken, Leeks from Jack Buck Growers)
- Savoy Cabbage and Wild Mushroom Strudel with Celeriac Cream (v) – (Seasonally Grown Cabbage, Mushrooms. Celeriac from Jack Buck Growers)
- Seasonal Vegetables – (Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Carrots from Posketts Farm, Goole. Potatoes from Jackson Farm, Ryhter)
- Roasted Rhubarb, Yorkshire Parkin and Fairtrade Vanilla Ice Cream – (Rhubarb from Procter & Sons, Farsley. Cream from Scarcroft)